How to remove extra space at the top and bottom of Page Properties macro?

Dharmesh Barot September 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Macro

Hi,

There are extra spaces added automatically when I add a Page Properties macro. It gets worse if you have a section and table. This is annoying and too much white space.

E.g. PagePropertiesExtraSpaces.png

Since it doesn't happen with other macros is it possible to remove them from Page Properties?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dharmesh

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

First off, you don't need to host the image elsewhere, you can paste it right into your question.

Second, you're showing the edit mode, where lots of things look wonky. Often the spacing normalizes in view mode.

Dharmesh Barot September 28, 2016

Thanks! Milo for quick response.

I was a tad late on fixing the first one while you were typing I guess smile

Here's how it looks after publishing (different example with edit and publish modes

EDIT

PagePropertiesEditMode.png

PUBLISH

PagePropertiesPublishedMode.png

Hope this helps.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2016

Duplicating your layout:

image2016-9-29 9:39:19.png

There is no spacing:

image2016-9-29 9:39:52.png

So there is something else going on with your page. A couple of things to try:

1. Click in the space under the table and hit delete, and click in the space under the Page properties macro and hit delete (probably no benefit).
  2. Rebuild on a new page to eliminate anything that might be there.

Dharmesh Barot September 29, 2016

For this purpose I started afresh so #2 is addressed and have tried #1 a lot with no luck.

Let me try adding text over Page Properties macro and adding some data in the table to replicate your layout.

Interesting thing is that not all macros do that.

Dharmesh Barot September 29, 2016

No luck

PagePropertiesEditMode01.png

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2016

Are you using some CSS?

grant_frisken June 19, 2019

Did you ever find a solution for this?  We have the same thing happening.  Every time you edit a page containing a page properties macro it adds a few lines of empty space.  It drives me nuts.

Like Kelley Bennett likes this
Dharmesh Barot June 20, 2019

Hi Grant!

Unfortunately no. What helps a little bit is to hit backspace under the macro. In edit mode you will not know but after you save it should be better than default.

I've made peace with it :) Not worth getting frustrated about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events