How to remove Outlook events from a Confluence Team Calendar after calDav profile is deleted?

Kumari Ponnambalam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2022

Hello,

I followed the set of instruction on this page (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/subscribe-to-team-calendars-from-microsoft-outlook/) to setup a 2-way sync using calDav for our team's Calendar on Confluence.

However as soon as I created an event on Confluence Calendar, the sync brought ALL my Outlook events ( unrelated to team in question) to the Confluence Calendar.

I deleted the calDAV synchronization profile in Outlook. How do I remove the events in Confluence that are unrelated to the team?

Is the only option now to delete this calendar?

Appreciate any pointers.

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

Hi Kumari,

Hope you are doing well and Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I understand you got some issues when integrating the events from the Outlook Calendar and Team Calendars there, and you are hoping to remove the additional and unwanted events.

Although I'm not sure how this happened, are you able to click on the event in the Team Calendar page and delete it? There should be a trash icon in the event.

Since the sync profile in Outlook was deleted, it may not be the best option to re-do the integration again, but if you are unable to delete the events in the Team Calendars side as well, it might be an option to delete the Calendar, although not optimal.

We highly recommend doing a "backup" of the Calendar before proceeding with any steps though.

To do that, go to the Calendar in the Space it is located, click on the three dots button next to the Calendar name > Export to iCalendar.

Unfortunately, we don't have an easier way to undo it, but we have this Feature Request suggesting a revision history, so unwanted changes can be reverted, just like in this case, Kumari.

If we missed anything, please let us know! 

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events