How to publish an excel document (downloadable from a table), with version control

vishnu narain saxena January 21, 2016

Hi ..

We need to create a lot of different excel templates which users would be using (by downloading on their local machines). As the Confluence would only hold template of excel documents (which could be modified / replaced with their newer versions). I need a VBA macro for my excel template wherein as soon as excel document is opened VBA macro should connect to confluence & check if the current document is the latest version or not, If not then there should be a prompt to download the latest version of document.

I searched google & all related material but can not locate similar macro (which does not use rest API).

Thanks

Vishnu 

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

I really can't think of a way to do this. Your best bet is to add the users as watchers to the page so they are notified when you attach a new version of the spreadsheet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events