Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place a link to a file in an article

Sebastien Lalanne December 6, 2019

Hello,

We have just switched to the new edition interface and we have lost a lot of useful functions. The main function and upload of files and their formatting into a simple hyperlink.
When we upload the file (here an excel), we have a block and the impossibility to transform it into a simple text.
How to proceed to transform my file into a simple URL for my article

Opera Instantané_2019-12-06_164624_sikosc.atlassian.net.png

1 answer

2 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Sebastien Lalanne ,

I'll share a workaround I'm using -- but more importantly, please vote on and add your feedback to this request to restore the ability to show an attachment as a link, not just a thumbnailhttps://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67779

Here's my workaround:

1. Publish the page you're working before adding the file.
  2. From the published view,  click on the "more" icon in upper-right corner (looks like ...) and select Attachments.
  3. Upload the file.
  4. Click View to the far right of the uploaded file, to see the file.
  5. Copy the URL of the displayed file.
  6. Return to the Confluence page, click Edit.
  7. Paste in the copied URL. 
  8. Click on the link to view the Edit link option.
  9. Enter text to display rather than the URL.

Here's a screenshot of the results, showing the link I created using the above steps, followed by Atlassian's forced thumbnail formatting if you use their Files & images options instead. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 8.05.57 AM.png

Hope this helps! Best wishes, Sharon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events