How to paste wiki markup text in confluence 5.x rich editor

attarwala September 15, 2016

I am having a use case where I want to insert wiki markup text to confluence editor using jenkins plugin (Confluence Publisher Plugin) but instead of displaying formatted text it is displayed as plain text.

Example : I want to enter wiki markup {viewxls:name=My document.xls} in confluence page via plugin but is displayed as plain text instead of excel sheet

Is there any plugin available for pasting wiki markups or any workarounds ?

2 answers

1 vote
Sandy Johnson September 20, 2016

I use version 5.8.13 and maybe I'm missing something in your question, but I can insert wiki markup while in edit mode by clicking the Insert menu header and then choosing the markup menu option. Unfortunately, it only allows you to enter text, not edit it. If you need to make changes, you need to start from scratch.

I too long for the old editor as content creation takes so much longer in the current one. sad

0 votes
Oliver Keim September 18, 2016

Same problem when pasting links like "[link text|reference url]". Even when opening the link by hand (typing "[") the paste of the rest is not getting accepted and just plain text is displayed on the wiki result page. Very unfortunate for efficient editing. One of hundreds of reasons for wishing the old markup editor back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events