How to overcome problems when importing files into Confluence?

tom.francis July 2, 2021

Hello.
I am just putting in a question to the community to see if anyone else is having the same problem as me when it comes to importing files into Confluence and if they have found a way around this.
I am wanting to import some Word documents over to confluence and have made sure that they have been converted to the right format .docx (which is done automatically on my word account), however, I keep getting the message that 'only Docx files are supported, which is strange as a .docx file is what I am trying to upload.
I have tried lots of different ways around this but to no success. Has anyone got any advice on this topic.
Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hi Tom,

Good afternoon, and thank you for reporting this. I hope you're doing well. By any chance, are you running Windows 10? I'm aware of a known issue in Windows, which I'll share below.

If that's not it, can you let me know what application you used to create the document and your OS version?

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Take care,

Shannon

Rich DuSatko July 16, 2021

Shannon - I am also experiencing this same problem. I see that CONFCLOUD-58350 was opened back in 2017 and is still not resolved. Is there a realistic ETA for when this will be fixed or workaround available?

thanks,

Rich

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm the investigation is in progress as of June. Refer to the Cloud Bug Fix Policy for what you can expect next. At this time, there is no ETA as we're still in the initial stages of our investigation. I recommend following the ticket, and you'll receive updates when one is available.

Thanks again, and take care.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events