How to make a confluence page visible to a user, making the rest of content invisible?

Daria Pankratova October 7, 2019

Hi all, 

I would like to open an access to a Conlfuence page for an external user. My concern is how to do that without him being able to access the rest of the pages in the same Confluence Space? Is it possible at all?

Thank you. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Daria Pankratova ,

Confluence has three levels of permissions.

• Global
  • Space
  • Page

Page restrictions allow you to control who can view or edit individual pages.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Daria Pankratova October 9, 2019

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

All other pages(at least parent pages) in that space would have to be locked and you would have to ensure he does not have view access to them. The link @Ollie Guan  provided will help with this. Alternatively, we had a similar situation for some contractors and decided to instead create a space and move the pages they were meant to have access to, though I understand this option may not always be ideal. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events