How to know which link in Confluence Cloud used to be which link in Confluence Server after migrate

hans.polder May 21, 2023

Hi all,

I hope there is someone out there with some pro tips here :)

We are soon migrating our Confluence Server set-up to Confluence Cloud. As you can imagine, the links to individual pages will change in that process.

We have one department using Confluence Server heavily, where they are referring to specific Confluence pages in their tooling. For about 700 (!) different URLs. Now, as far as I know, we can't tell after the migration what the 'old' URL used to be for a specific page. 

Any ideas on how we can help this department out with some sort of mapping with the old link mapped to the new link after migration, so they can more easily change their tooling?

The method I would see now is (after migration, where old environment remains up for a few weeks read-only):

1. Open old link - be referred to the old read-only environment
  2. Copy the title of that page (or some other unique reference) and search it in Conference Cloud, maybe by opening the same tree location or something)
  3. Then, after having found the new link, manually copy/paste that to the mapping file (and rinse & repeat for 699 times)

Your ideas and thoughts are appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2023

Hi @hans.polder ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

As explained, After the Confluence migration Atlassian Migration Team will help you fix the Link issue with New Link URL.

If you need to see which page have used the Link, You can discuss it with Atlassian team. They can provide you the list of page from the Confluence cloud DB side.

Let me know If  I missed any Points.

Accept the Answer If it helps you!

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS