How to inject CurrentDate as pre-fix in page title?

Ole Kristensen April 24, 2013

I'm trying to create a corporate meeting template form scratch but can't find a way to inject CurrentDate as pre-fix in the page title? Just like the Default Meeting Notes Template does.

/Ole Kristensen

3 answers

0 votes
Qingfen Lin July 30, 2013

Maybe this plugin will help. Haven't tried this out yet with current Confluence. I have used it with old version which worked nicely.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.createpage#reviews

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Ole,

I have a user-macro to do something very similar to what you want to achieve:

## @param pageTitle:title=Page Title|type=string|desc=description|required=true
#set($newTitle=$parampageTitle)
$content.setTitle($newTitle)

On the Confluence page I have two text-data fields 'Field1' and 'Field2' and my user-macro 'settitle' that reads the content of these text-data fields and deliver their values to the user-macro. The user macro sets the page title:

{text-data:name=Field1|atlassian-macro-output-type=BLOCK|type=line}{text-data}

{text-data:name=Field1|atlassian-macro-output-type=BLOCK|type=line}{text-data}

{settitle:pageTitle=%data:MyDate% - %data:MyTitle%}

You need the CustomWare Scaffolding plug-in to do that.

I hope that'll be helpful for you!

Good luck!

Stefan

Areg Vrtanesyan (Work) March 5, 2019

Hi

Just wondering how this could be done in latest Confluence ...

Looks cool and right that I need but I can't get user Macro digest Scaffolding data ...

It shows %data:MyField% in title instead of value

Thanks,

Areg

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Not sure if you're looking into doing this a Confluence Blue Print, but if you are, there is some details on dynamic page titles with them

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Writing+a+Blueprint+-+Intermediate#WritingaBlueprint-Intermediate-a.User-specifiedPageTitles

Ole Kristensen April 24, 2013

Thanks Colin, but I'm not a developer, so I was hoping for a Template solution. We have Scaffolding installed if that would be of any help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events