Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have users confirm page view

Wes Farnsworth December 28, 2022

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I'm looking to create a page with a PDF and have some sort of signature box, checkbox, or some other tasks that a user must complete to show that they reviewed the page or PDF's content for record keeping. Is there an easy way to do this? I know that you can see page Analytics and who visited the page, but that won't work for what I need. 

Any help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

Hi @Wes Farnsworth ,

This is not included directly in Confluence.  You need to use an addon.

We make Document Control for Confluence Cloud, which allows you to add a macro to a page, and then sign the Confluence page (you can configure simple signatures, or require a code to sign).

You can then see the signatures on the page, and export the page to PDF with the signatures visible.

This is simpler to use inside Confluence than a solution like DocuSign, where you actually sign a PDF and must leave Confluence for the signing process.

Wes Farnsworth December 28, 2022

Thanks @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-

Do you have to pre-define the list of users before they can sign the page? Or could I make a page and just have a sign option available so that when new people join the company and review the page they can sign it without having to add them to a list someplace.?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Hi @Wes Farnsworth ,

In the default settings, you don't have to pre-define a list of users (i.e. all users can sign the page).  However you also can require a user to be on a list of "reviewers" before signing a page.  You probably should remove the requirement to authenticate before signing, as this feature is mainly for strictly controlled environments.

Another thing you can do is to allow only read access to your users, and they can still sign.

My recommendation is to trial the addon and reach out to support for your specific settings and check the documentation at www.phaselockedsoftware.com/cc-document-control/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events