How to get the creator of a page without admin rights?

Jens October 13, 2020

Hello,

I've searched a lot - it looks like a lot of people want to show the name of the creator of a page in a special place on the page. The solutions that I have found only work by writing my own macro, for which I need admin rights, which of course, I do not have as a normal user.

Is there a solution instead of entering @User manually?

Thanks!

Jens

2 answers

0 votes
Jens October 19, 2020

Upps! I was to stupid . I was looking for the macro but overlooked it.... ;)

I will check it - thanks for the tip!

Jens

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Jens 

The creator of the page is always shown direct underneath the title:

image.png

Or why do you want to get the creator? Can't you contact the confluence admin for creating this easy user macro? 

Regards, Dominic

Jens October 14, 2020

Hi Dominic,

thanks for your reply.
In our Integrated Management System (IMS) we've some document clearings at the bottom. I want to have all the relevant information at one place in one table. The creator belongs to that and I don't want the reader to scroll up and down to get the information he wants.

Our admin will not creating this macro. As often, it is a difficult subject to get something from an admin that he himself does not see the need and that makes him work...

Jens

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Okay, I see.

I found an interessting macro: 

Is this a possible solution for you? 

Regards, Dominic

Like Nicolas Casel likes this
Jens October 18, 2020

Hello Dominic,

thanks for your help.

I'm not quite sure how it should work - there's no option for me to configure a parameter in the cheese macro. 

Regards

Jens

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2020

Hi Jens

You don't have to use the cheese macro. The cheese macro is only an example on this page. Atlassian uses the cheese macro on every macro documentation page :) 

You have to use the "contributors macro".

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events