It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get a UTF-8 collation in Windows 10 for Confluence database in Postgres

Douglas Femec Sep 01, 2018

Folks, the Confluence documentation for Database Setup for PostgreSQL (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-postgresql-173244522.html) says

Collation must also be set to utf8.  Other collations, such as "C", are known to cause issues with Confluence.

How does one make this happen in Windows 10?  The only collations currently available on my PC are C, English_UnitedStates.1252, and POSIX, none of which are UTF-8.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon Spaniol Atlassian Team Sep 04, 2018

Hi Douglas,

In your search, you may have run across my answer below:

According to Postgres:

UTF-8 encoding can be used with any locale.

In addition, I reviewed this blog post, Locale in Windows, and it appears that you should be able to use English_United States.1252

I was also able to confirm this by reviewing some of our past support tickets, so please give that a try, and let me know if you have any trouble!

It seems to have worked for Vladimir on that original thread, would you be able to confirm the same?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

901 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you