How to fix "You are not registered" message while trying to open Confluence if FF

Victor Urlapov July 22, 2014

A single user is trying to open Confluence Home page or any existing Confluence page using FireFox and gets "You are not registered. Please register..." page. This happens only in Firefox. In Chrome, for example, everything works fine.

This happens to only one single user and only in FF.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hello Victor,

I looked at screenshots. Do you have any login utils? Something like kerberos (you have to set FF for using kerberos) or any plugins in FF?

If you have plugins on FF browser, try to reinstall it. If it working on other browsers, maybe is problem in build of browser. I have a lot of problems with jira and confluence when somebody had a one Chrome build... So try CLEAN installation or upgrade you current version or disable all plugins in FF

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Could you post a screenshot of the error using the upload arrow in the comment field? You keep saying "not registered" but I can't remember ever seeing an error like that in this system.

If the issue wasn't tested on other machines with the same user account, this in most likely was a client machine issue. Creating a new 'Local User' on the machine gives you new cookies, browser configuration data, some temporary stuff, etc.

Victor Urlapov September 1, 2014

Hi All,

Here`s the screenshot: http://gyazo.com/2c148aedf5b14cfea232e03d894a2b1e
We have russian localization pack installed. The translation is: errorMessage: "You are not registered. <a href=\"/login.action\">Register</a> here and try one more time."

It seem to be local machine problems, but this is quite strange that such thing happens only for Confluence.

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2014

Hey Victor,

Can you ask to that user to check his browser setting in FF?

One idea is to un install firefox and then install it again, during the installation select the option, import setting from Google chrome.

If the problem disapears means that it was some browser setting/cache, if not, let me know :).

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer
Victor Urlapov August 28, 2014

Hello, David.

Thanks for the answer.

User tried to re-install Firefox again and it did not help. The same behaviour persists with a small difference: if user intentionally goes to the ...login.action page and logs in, Confluence works for this session. But if he closes the browser and starts it again, he gets the message described above and has to go intentionally to login.action page again. Following Conf links from email, for example, does not work if he even passed through login.action page few moments ago.

We`ve tried another thing: created another local user on the machine and installed a clean FF for this user. As a result this did help and Confluence was working fine. Allowing to maintain session and allowing to work after browser was closed and started without intentionally visiting Conf log-in page.

MB there were similar situations you`ve seen or heard before regarding such Confluence behaviour?

Thanks!

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014

Is it possible to post a screenshot of that error so I can a better picture of what you are seeing?

I never saw that specific error before :(.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events