How to determine which space a page template lives in?

Jasmine Andrews April 20, 2022

I created a more robust how-to page template and made it available across all spaces. Now I need to update the template, I can't find which space it lives in. I've checked all the spaces that are likely but can't find it. Is there a way to search for it?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2022

Hello @Jasmine Andrews ,

As you mentioned that available for all the spaces.
did you tried in "global Templates".

Settings -->

image.png

Please check, if some template create here, it will be shown on all the confluence spaces.

Thanks,
Anvesh

Jasmine Andrews April 21, 2022

Thanks it was there after all. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Hi @Jasmine Andrews ,

Global Templates or User Created Templates?

Jasmine Andrews April 20, 2022

I'm pretty sure I created it as a regular user template but didn't limit it to the space in which it was created. I'm trying to access the overall site settings to see the global templates and I don't even seem to have access any more...

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

For globally visible templates, Global Templates may be more suitable.

As a system administrator, you can easily maintain Global Templates, which will affect all spaces.

It is recommended that you disable User Created Templates for a single space and enable Global Templates

Jasmine Andrews April 21, 2022

Thanks, it turns out it was a global template. I had forgotten as I recall treating it as a prototype to test with users in 1 space initially. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events