Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to determine which space a page template lives in?

I created a more robust how-to page template and made it available across all spaces. Now I need to update the template, I can't find which space it lives in. I've checked all the spaces that are likely but can't find it. Is there a way to search for it?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Jasmine Andrews ,

As you mentioned that available for all the spaces.
did you tried in "global Templates".

Settings -->

image.png

Please check, if some template create here, it will be shown on all the confluence spaces.

Thanks,
Anvesh

Thanks it was there after all. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan Community Leader Apr 20, 2022

Hi @Jasmine Andrews ,

Global Templates or User Created Templates?

I'm pretty sure I created it as a regular user template but didn't limit it to the space in which it was created. I'm trying to access the overall site settings to see the global templates and I don't even seem to have access any more...

Ollie Guan Community Leader Apr 21, 2022

For globally visible templates, Global Templates may be more suitable.

As a system administrator, you can easily maintain Global Templates, which will affect all spaces.

It is recommended that you disable User Created Templates for a single space and enable Global Templates

Thanks, it turns out it was a global template. I had forgotten as I recall treating it as a prototype to test with users in 1 space initially. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

81 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you