How to create timestamps working in embed video?

Piotr Malczyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2019

I have inserted video from Google Drive using 

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/FILE_ID/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

in HTML code component. I wanted to include timestamp links so when I clicked the link - the video would scroll to the desired timestamp (multiple timestamps that would work on the same video). 

Does anyone know how do I make it? I assume there is some clever code I could use to achieve it.

EDIT: To include a video with timestamp I just have to add ?tXmYs at the end of the link (where X,Y are the minutes,seconds), but I don't know how to manage multiple timestamps related to one video.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Piotr,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you!

If you're only embedding one video, then you will only be able to have one timestamp in your URL. It's not possible to include more than one timestamp in a single URL. 

If you want to include more, then you'll need to have multiple links with the various timestamps, or simply list the times where your users want to click to from within the iFrame.

This isn't a limitation of Confluence, but a limitation of URLs themselves.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events