How to create horizontal navigation in Confluence Cloud?

Kelly McGregor November 11, 2016

I would like to create horizontal navigation similar to the image below for my Confluence Cloud site. I found the "Content Formatting Macro" plug-in, and Confluence says it is already installed, but I do not see any way to create horizontal navigation (or any way to use this macro at all in the macro menu). How can this be accomplished?

image2016-11-11 16:31:57.png

2 answers

0 votes
Kelly McGregor November 14, 2016

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout [ACA IT]. This is helpful - at least I'm not going crazy!

I did reach out to the vendor's support but they have advised that this extension is now managed by Atlassian. I'll keep digging. Thank you!

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2016

Hi @Kelly McGregor,

You're looking for the AUI Horizontal Navigation Bar and related AUI Horizontal Navigation Bar Page macros. You can find the documentation right here.

You probably cannot find them as they are premium macros. Only the free macros of the Content Formatting macro plugin come preinstalled. The documentation states that premium macros are also available for cloud:

Premium Macros on On-Demand/Cloud

For hosted instances of Confluence, both Free and Premium macros are available, but for Cloud/OnDemand instances of Confluence, it comes pre-installed with only the Free set of macros."

It's just not very clear how to get them. Maybe you could check with the vendor's support on that matter (https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/5/user/login?destination=portal%2F5)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events