How to create a template/blueprint for a Confluence Space?

Shaun Geaney July 24, 2020

I understand how to make a template for pages within a Confluence Space. However, I can not find a clear way to create a template for a Confluence Space itself. This would be analogous to clocking the:

• Blank Space
  • Documentation Space
  • Software Project Space
  • etc.

Options that are given as a new Confluence Space is created. Ideally, there would be an option for "<YourCustom> Space" that I had previously created myself (see attached image).

Any help and guidance would be appreciated, thank you!

ConfluenceSpaceTemplate.png

3 answers

1 vote
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2020

@Shaun Geaney -

This needs some development effort depending on the complexity of the space template (blueprint) you want to build. 

This link will be a good starting point - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/multi-page-blueprints-with-confluence-connect/

I hope that helps.

best,
Kris 

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

Template instruction
Instructions in the space knowledge store

Template troubleshooting
Description of troubleshooting in space knowledge store

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2020

@Shaun Geaney 

1. Select area
2. Configure the area
3. tab content
4. Create a new template

The system language in the pictures is German.
But you should also find it in your system, regardless of which language is set.

create_template_cloud.png

create_template_cloud2.png

Shaun Geaney August 17, 2020

Any chance you wouldn't mind translating the German text that you have circled? Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events