How to create Jira issue using ConfiForms and on submission it should populate issue in jira

Jira Tutorial August 25, 2020

Hi All,

I'm new to this ... I want to create a jira issue using confiforms and when the form gets submitted then it should automatically populate the issue in Jira.. I tried many ways with some  examples given in this community but it doesn't worked for me. Below is the link which I followed ...

.. https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+create+a+Jira+issue+from+Confluence

The script given in the link is copied as it is but even then it is not working..Created a jira server using API token and used it in ConfiForms IFTTT Macros  but its not working.... If anyone already worked on this, please suggest the steps that can be helpful to me....

Thank you in Advance

regards,

Manohar

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Hi

Could you be more specific what exactly is not working for you? Any errors you see?

Example on our wiki is up to date and working fine...

Alex

Jira Tutorial August 26, 2020

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for your early response... my issue is whenever i submit a form in confluence page, it should populate an issue in Jira but on submission it is not creating any issue in jira. It shows the data which is updated through form. Even it is not creating the jirakey/Id. Moreover we are not getting any errors after submitting the form.  In ConfiForms IFTTT integration rules, i selected the action item as "Create a Jira issue" and server as "Jira-server", etc. But it is not working.... 

For your reference, Im attaching the screenshots of my form...form3.pngform2.pngform1.png

Hi Alex, could you please suggest the steps how to populate the issue in jira when we submitted the form in confluence page using ConfiForms.

Regards,

Manohar

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

Please put JSON mapping you have into the "code" macro (wrap it into the code macro)

Also, when using new Confluence editor please set the form name parameter for ConfiForms IFTTT macro to link it to the form

Jira Tutorial August 27, 2020

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for your response...As suggested by you , we applied above steps in our form. Now when we are submitting the form, we are getting the connection issue. Already we have created a jira server using API tokens. Below is the error code wee are getting..

"Could not complete request (Create JIRA Issue) using configuration
id = be1b243a-8216-4eb4-8577-44b61e64534d."

For your reference, Im sharing the screenshot and code..

error-2.pngerror.png

Alexa, I would request you to help on this issue.

Thanks,

Manohar.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2020

I cannot tell more than the error message you see - you cannot use basic auth with Jira cloud as it says and should use Atlassian access tokens

See the URL mentioned in the error message and generate an access token to Atlassian Jira 

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events