Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy one space to another without adding extra Confluence links to new space

Jen Adams September 4, 2022

Hello-

I am new to Confluence and have been tasked with copying one space to another with the intent to archive the original space. My team uses Confluence and Jira, so when a Jira ticket is being worked, test notes/dev notes are added in Confluence and linked to the associated Jira ticket. 

I have copied some items over from the 'original' space, and when copied, a new Confluence link was added to the Jira ticket. Since I am currently the only user in the 'new' space, no one could access the link. 

At this point I am not ready to have the links to the 'new' space active. I had to go in and edit all the pages in the 'new' space to remove the links so they wouldn't show up in Jira linking to the 'new' space.  And once the 'new' space is ready, I'll have to go back in and set up those links again. 

Is there any way around creating a new link in an existing Jira ticket when the Confluence document has been copied to a 'new' space?

Once the 'original' space is archived, all those links that I unlinked will have to be linked again. 

Again, I'm new to Confluence, so any insight or suggestions are appreciated.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events