How to connect Confluence as Mapped Network Drive using personal username and password

Yaacov Weingarten September 4, 2018

Hi,

I tried to connect our  Confluence Server data as a Mapped Network Drive to my Windows 10 using the instructions at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-webdav-client-for-confluence-148044.html

This worked only when I used the username and password of the SysAdmin. Using me personal uname/pw did not connect.

Is there a way to configure the WebDav connection to accept other user's credentials? (Do not want to hand out the SysAdmin pw to all users that need to access the data directly).

Thanx in advance,

yaacov

1 answer

0 votes
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2018

Hi Yaacov, 

When connecting to your Confluence instance via the WebDAV, your Confluence user account would have the same permissions as if it was accessing the content through the Web. 

If you're unable to login to the WebDAV with your regular account, verify that it does have access to Confluence and that there are Spaces/Pages available for you to view and manage. 

If permissions look correct, please go through the WebDAV Troubleshooting guide to gather  additional logging to further investigate.

-Shawn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events