How to configure Application link between JIRA & Confluence?

v September 25, 2012

I have gone through the docs but am not sure from where I can get the information that needs to be filled (like Consumer Key, Public Key etc) while configuring the application links.

We are currently evaluating Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
v September 27, 2012

I am able to establish the Application Link now without being asked for any further info.

The problem was that port 8090 was not responding from the other machines, once some firewall settings were changed, I am able to access it remotely and establish link successfully.

Thanks Jobin for all your help.

Deleted user February 16, 2016

Hi Veer,

I am facing the same issue, can you please tell me what changes you actually did.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012
v September 26, 2012

Thanks Jobin for your reply.

Here is what we are trying to do. We have a JIRA that runs behind the firewall (https is not configured) and the confluence has been installed locally on my machine. So we are trying to create links so that both the apps can share info. For eg: JIRA gadgets can be displayed on Confluence and vice versa.

So we are trying to configure "OAuth" connection which requires information that needs to be filled (like Consumer Key, Public Key etc)

Plz let me know if I am not on the right track.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012
Like Jeremy Durrance likes this
v September 26, 2012

This is what we are getting. Plz see attachment.

v September 26, 2012

Please see the attachment. This is what we are getting.

v September 26, 2012

JIRA 5.0.2 & Confluence 4.3.1

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

What version of JIRA and Confluence? I don't see this at all!

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Strange. When you add the appication link, does JIRA recognize Confluence as Confluence?

v September 27, 2012

The issue seems to be resolved. The problem was that 8090 port was not responding from other machines. Once I modified the firewall settings, it became accessible from other machines in the n/w. Also the Application Link succesfully established without asking for any details.

Thanks Jobin for all your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events