How to change Global Template to be Atlassian Documentation Template

Lawrence Ho February 26, 2012

I run thru all my spaces and manually change the template to be atlassian documentation template. It would be nice if the default could be changed away from the "Global Template".

I don't see this option....

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2012

Hi Lawrence,

Does this document help? - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Applying+a+Theme+to+a+Site

Login as an Administrator and select Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes

Andrew.

Lawrence Ho February 26, 2012

Actually I was hoping to change the Global so that I don't have to go to the page you have linked. This is so that the default would be set appropriately.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

Hi Lawrence,

If you have access to Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes and set the default to the Documentation theme that should set the default for all spaces so you don't have to change each new space individually.

I don't have access to a Confluence instance on OnDemand to check, but that's how you change it for the download version and the documentation I linked to for the OnDemand version lists the same steps as for the download version.

Do those instructions not work?

Andrew.

Lawrence Ho February 27, 2012

No. Under Look and Feel there are no Themes for Confluence OnDemand.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

Weird. I just signed up for a trial OnDemand account and if I select Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel I have an option for Themes and can choose to make the Documentation theme the default.

It might be worth contacting Atlassian Support to see if there's something not quite right with your Confluence instance as the only Look and Feel options that are restricted in OnDemand are Layouts, Custom CSS and Custom HTML.

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events