How to change Global Template to be Atlassian Documentation Template

I run thru all my spaces and manually change the template to be atlassian documentation template. It would be nice if the default could be changed away from the "Global Template".

I don't see this option....

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lawrence,

Does this document help? - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Applying+a+Theme+to+a+Site

Login as an Administrator and select Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes

Andrew.

Actually I was hoping to change the Global so that I don't have to go to the page you have linked. This is so that the default would be set appropriately.

Hi Lawrence,

If you have access to Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes and set the default to the Documentation theme that should set the default for all spaces so you don't have to change each new space individually.

I don't have access to a Confluence instance on OnDemand to check, but that's how you change it for the download version and the documentation I linked to for the OnDemand version lists the same steps as for the download version.

Do those instructions not work?

Andrew.

No. Under Look and Feel there are no Themes for Confluence OnDemand.

Weird. I just signed up for a trial OnDemand account and if I select Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel I have an option for Themes and can choose to make the Documentation theme the default.

It might be worth contacting Atlassian Support to see if there's something not quite right with your Confluence instance as the only Look and Feel options that are restricted in OnDemand are Layouts, Custom CSS and Custom HTML.

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

182 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you