How to build a FAQ confluence using how-to and troubleshooting with multiple departments?

Tiara Bennett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2018

I’m looking for a way to contain multiple different departmental how-to and troubleshooting guides. I currently have spaces set for the following department:

• Engineering
  • Finance
  • HR
  • IT
  • Legal
  • Web Design

Within those spaces, I have pages labeled how-to and troubleshooting guides. Is this the best way to build and organize this?

Lastly, I will be adding more departments to the list. I'd like for these spaces to remain in alphabetical order for consistency, how do I properly rearrange these spaces?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hi Tiara,

That sounds like a good way to organize them. By labelling them you can then use another macro to display your content such as with the Content by Label macro.

In terms of sorting your spaces alphabetically, can you let us know which page you want to do this on and which version of Confluence you're using?

They're supposed to sort alphabetically but there's a bug where this isn't happening under Favorite Spaces and My Spaces:

Regards,

Shannon

Tiara Bennett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2018

Thanks for your response, Shannon.

On the main Dashboard under My Spaces is where I've been trying to sort by alphabetical order, with no luck. From the looks of it, I'm currently running the Confluence version 6.13. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2018

Thank you, Tiara.

It does appear that this applies to your case. I would recommend to comment on the request with your findings.

Take care, 

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events