How to be informed of a new page in Confluence?

Ken Nguyen January 1, 2012

For a space owner or a parent page owner, it is useful to be informed of updated content (via email would be great)? Can anyone give me some options to implement this in Confluence?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michiel Nieuwstraten January 1, 2012

Look at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/260 for Descendent Notification. Also works in 4.0

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2012

There is a problem with the descendant notification plugin where it is sending out two emails. The problem has been reported to them, and I don't believe that its been resolved yet. Note that if you do experience this problem, you will find that even if you disable, but don't remove the plugin, you will still get the two emails. You will need to completely remove the plugin.

I don't know if everyone has this problem, or if it is limited, I just know that I've seen and reported it, as have others, so it is not a completely isolated situation.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2012

THere are two ways

• You can 'watch the space' itself and any new pages and updates are informed.
  • If you have enabled community bubbles plugin, you can watch all the pages under a page. This helps in watching a subset of pages within a space
Ken Nguyen January 1, 2012

I think Community Bubbles might be a little bit too much for my need at this moment. It would be great if there is a watch function for a page and all of its sub-pages.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 2, 2012

I personally favour watching the whole space. If the whole space isn't relevant, then maybe it needs be splitting into separate spaces :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events