How to back up my changes to a template?

Justin Wong January 1, 2019

I've been modifying the Product Requirements template that comes with Confluence, but I'm worried that someone will make changes or click the Reset to default button.

Is there a way to back up my changes to the template? Also, is there a way to restore that back up?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2019

Hi @Justin Wong,

Are you maintaining a global template as a system administrator ?

I think you can also try to configure the template in the private personal space, and then copy it to the global template after the configuration is complete.

Justin Wong January 4, 2019

Actually, I'm editing the Product Requirements template in a space that we created.

I am a system administrator. The Reset To Default button doesn't even ask for confirmation. It's a bit scary.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

Perhaps limiting the number of space administrators will reduce such problems and minimize the possibility of multiplayer collaborative editing of spatial templates. If your team does not work in a different location, it is also a good way to communicate with the space manager face to face.

Beyond this, I still recommend replacing the space template after configuring the template in the personal space, otherwise the user may refer to the semi-finished product at any time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events