How to assign a specific user the permissions to create a space in confluence?

Pablo Galindo August 17, 2018

I have site admin rights, but I cannot find the way to assign a specific user the rights to create spaces in confluence. 

Greets. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2018

Put the user in a group that has "create space" permissions.  The groups that have that are configurable under "global permissions" in the admin section of Confluence

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

pablo,

Go to General Configuration - Global Permissions - Assign the Group that the user belongs to the necessary permission.

Victor

Pablo Galindo August 17, 2018

Dear Victor,

I have several groups in confluence, and when I go to the Global Permissions tab, not all of them are listed there. 

Just these groups are listed:

image.png

When I try to edit the global permissions, by clicking on the edit tab, I have no options to add new groups or single users. 

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

Pablo,

You'll need to reach out to the System Admin, who is an atlassian staff member. Let them know what you need done and they'll do that on your behalf.

See topic under Restricted Permissions
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/global-permissions-overview-724765488.html

Victor

Pablo Galindo August 18, 2018

Thanks Victor!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events