How to align left an image in the header of a page configuration?

AlfonsoP May 8, 2018

Hello,

In the header of a space page settings configuration, how can I align an image to the left?

I have followed the Confluence Wiki Markup documentation as suggested in the space settings page for Header and Footer and used the align attribute but I cannot manage to make it work.  These three lines display the image exactly in the same place:

!image.png|align=left!

!image.png|align=center!

!image.png|align=right!

Which to my understanding means that the align attribute has no effect. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Boris July 25, 2018
  1. Create your image and set transparent background + width: 1100px/1200px
  2. upload on a confluence page
  3. copy paste image address
  4. set link in header !image_URL!
0 votes
Brian Dowd June 5, 2018

I don't think the header space allows you to use wiki markup. I did find this case:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58472

As a workaround, I used the column macros to accomplish this with a page include. 

1. Create a new page for your include. 
  2. On your page, add three column macros. Set each column macro to use a width of 33 percent. 
  3. In the first column, add your image. 
  4. Save your changes.
  5. In the Look and Feel section of the Space Tool, under the Sidebar, header, and footer tab, Add your new page with the page include code and click save.

Example of page include code:

{include:_vtest}

In the above example _vtest is the title of the page.

AlfonsoP October 17, 2018

Thank you Brian, forgot to mention that we need this alignment to work when exporting the document as PDF

Christian de Bellefeuille October 24, 2018

Well, your ticket seems to be clear about this, but Confluence Cloud should change their description above header...
"Customise the look of your space with a header and footer. Use wiki markup to add text, links, macros and images (from the web or attached to a page in the space)."

The fact that this ticket is almost a year old, and that the status is still "NEED VERIFICATION" make me think that Atlassian take this a little too lightly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events