How to add username and a date to a page / page template

I want a user to create a page from the template I provide with their name and the date (Monday if possible)  prefilled for them.

Since we are working in the Cloud environment writing out macro using something along the lines: $action.remoteUser.name is out of question as these are not supported.

Any idea how can I do this?

1 answer

No guarantees, but I bet you can do something with Forms for Confluence.

Thanks Milo,

Would be good to get some internal Confluence variables though. I do not need to create a form to be filled, just make creating a simple page faster for the logged-in user.

Adding a paid-for-feature each time we bounce off the Cloud version of the Confluence as opposite of the server is unsupportable longer term. There is a role for these where you need to add something complicated or someone makes something particularly elegant to use, but I know I think what needs to be done, just Cloudiness is getting in the way wink

Sadly, I don't think there is any other way in Cloud.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

106 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you