Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a user to a group?

Susan Alderson September 6, 2012

Hello -

I'm trying to add users to groups. I've created the groups via Admin > Users and Security > Groups. When I go to the 'Staff' Group, I cannot drop in the CSV file (that gets downloaded again to my desktop), nor can I add individual users (the screen shows 'no users found'):

What can be preventing it? I've got Jira and RefinedWiki plugins, but those shouldn't be interfering with the permissions, right?

Thanks,

Susan

3 answers

1 vote
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

You should be able to add them by clicking on the "Add Members", from there you could do the user lookups.

Susan Alderson September 6, 2012

Well, see, that's what I tried, and got back the 'No users found' ... I'll try doing it from Jira and see what happens. Thanks!

Topher dailing September 21, 2012

I get the same error as Alderson. The only thing i could think of is that im using crowd as a directory for login, but even then i have the internal confluence directory still acive and first on the list.

i just cant add users to a group.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

Are those local or Crowd groups? You won't be able to add a local Confluence user to a Crowd group.

Im assuming its a local group, since im creating the group in confluence. if not how do i specify the new group to be a confluence group?

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

Hello Alderson,

I guess the main question here is: "Where are your users coming from?"

Unfortunately there is no way to add users from a CSV into groups. You could perform this from the Database side. There are only three tables, cwd_user, cwd_group and cwd_membership, which should join user and group inside membership.

As for your current problem is worth to see if the users you are trying to add are from the same directory as your group. And also that unfortunately csv is not possible.

Cheers,

Guilherme

0 votes

I get the same error as Alderson. The only thing i could think of is that im using crowd as a directory for login, but even then i have the internal confluence directory still acive and first on the list.

i just cant add users to a group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events