How to add a space blueprint child page

Gordon Price July 2, 2017

Hi all,

I've followed the Write a simple Confluence Space Blueprint tutorial and am struggling to add a child page.

I've created a child content-template:

<content-template key="example-space-child-a" i18n-name-key="confluence.blueprints.space.child.example.homepage.name">
        <description key="confluence.blueprints.space.child.example.homepage.desc"/>
        <resource name="template" type="download" location="/xml/example-space-child.xml"/>
    </content-template>

and then I've also added the content-template reference in the space blueprint section as so:

<space-blueprint key="example-space-blueprint" i18n-name-key="confluence.blueprints.space.example.name" category="examples">
        <content-template ref="example-space-homepage-template">
            <content-template ref="example-space-child-a"/>
        </content-template>

After I create the space there aare no pages in the page tree. I've also changed the side bar just to see a list of child page and it shows none. I've checked the orphaned pages as well and the list was empty. Is there another step to the process i've missed?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
iamgoingtosneeze October 24, 2018

I would suggest two things 

- make sure that the child definitely is valid. The easiest way to do this is to temporarily put the child at the top level, so you're back to just a single page - just to make sure that there is no reason you cannot load the page.  I have found that if I have, say, a rogue '<' it quietly just fails to load. 

The other thing is I have found a lot of problems with caching in this area. How are you running. I have to resort to doing and atlas-clean / atlas-debug to make sure nothing is cached.  I'm assuming you've done a hard refresh in your browser before adding a new space (obviously they won't show up under existing spaces)

0 votes
Irakli Edjibia August 11, 2017

Hi, 
I´ve recently had the same problems, what did help me was this opensource blueprint project.
https://bitbucket.org/smartics/smartics-projectdoc-confluence-space-prjmgmt/src/669e82b9750f?at=master

Greetings Irakli Edjibia

0 votes
Stephanie Blotner July 14, 2017

I'm running into the same issue. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Aaqib Khorasi August 16, 2017

Hello Stephanie,

Just wanted to follow up with you regarding the above concern. I am stucked with the same problem and I am trying to achieve same thing. Did you find a way out for it?

Thanks,

Aaqib

Stephanie Blotner August 16, 2017

Hi Aaqib,
I found that fixing other errors (like poorly formed markup in my XML templates, discrepancies in page titles, etc.) fixed this issue. My template would only display pages in the TOC if they had no errors (no broken links, no unspecified image files, and so on).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events