How to add a comment on a Jira Issue easily from Confluence

VINCENT DUPONT June 25, 2024

hello

During my meetings with colleagues, we review a set of tasks that are mostly (not all) represented in Jira tasks. So I created a Confluence page, copy paste some text and some links to Jira issues. Currently, I simply add free text (comments) next to the tasks. However, I would like those free textx to be recorded as Comment on the corresponding Jira Issue.

I know I can open each jira Issue with the Smart Link feature, but this is very slow and needs to open the complete Jira Edition Screen every time. I need a faster process to uniquely add a new comment

is there a feature or a plugin for this?

Thank you

Vincent

1 answer

2 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

There really isn't a way to edit the Jira comments directly from Confluence. You need to click thru to Jira and add/edit comments there.  There is a feature request to add Jira comments to the Jira Confluence gadgets. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-32764

It's possible there might be a add-on I'm not aware of, a quick search did not show any.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events