It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Insert an image file from the web on the new cloud Confluence?

How to Insert an image file from the web on the new cloud Confluence?
I was able to do that on a previous version of Confluence, but now I am working on a new company and Confluence has a new layout, I think it is cloud Confluence, and now I can't find a way to do this, it was my workflow to update my wireframes, I'm losing tons of hours because I can't have that, and put images that are in the cloud always in sync.

3 answers

No, that option does not appear in Confluence Cloud

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 10.16.35.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-28 at 10.16.24.png

Mirek Community Leader Jul 01, 2019

Strange, I also checked this on Confluence Cloud and everything was working for me as in documentation..  So when you click on Files & Images there is no popup on the screen?

The image above is the popup when I click on Files & Images, there is no option for web/url.
Could this be an internal configuration that is unchecked?
Can you send me an screenshot of your popup on Confluence Cloud?

Mirek Community Leader Jul 02, 2019

This is what I see on my Confluence Cloud instance which is still 100% accurate to the documentation

import_web.png

Overall I think that maybe Atlassian is implementing changes to the Confluence Editor and doing this site by site, so maybe your site have already that change and mine not yet.. anyway I would try to check that..

There is a info..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html#ConfluenceEditingImprovements-Whenwillthisreplacethecurrenteditingexperience?

Could you confirm now that you use the new editing experience?

I guess you are since you have most of the features described in the roadmap

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html

There is also a note..

Link browser

The pop-up modal has been replaced by an inline link browser. The internal link search behavior is slightly different, as it now searches your most recent items across both Confluence and Jira.

.. so the only thing to do here is to check if there is any plan (or workaround) to have similar functionality.

I am not using the new UI yet, and on my Cloud instance is not available, so not able to check on my end but I suppose this should be possible somehow.

I have the same problem? I using the new editor and I don't have this functionality. Any idea?

I still couldn't find a way to solve it. Is it possible to rollback the choice of the new experience UI? Getting back to the older UI ?
This exhausts my team, we are thinking about leaving Confluence because this is a major drawback for us.

Anyone figure this out - we have the new editor now and we are unable to display some images.    

Matt I'm New Here Mar 10, 2020

How does this happen? We require a single source of truth across multiple applications and have to host our designs in a separate system from our requirements docs.  Any updates on when and if this will be fixed? Confluence will not work for our company without the ability to link images from the web.

this is a joke Atalassian

2020-04-10_14-44-44.pngThe option to insert the web URL appears to only be available in the old\legacy editor and not in the new editor. You can determine which editor you are using by typing / or { on your Confluence page if / opens the Macro list you are using the new editor. If { opens the Macro list you are using the old editor.

0 votes

so how does one switch back to the old editor?????

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you