I'm wondering why I can't find any of the terms in my glossary through a full-text search.
The main reason why I want to know that is, because I want to make the glossary items available in a connected SharePoint platform (using the Search Connector Add-on). But, if even Confluence doesn't find the terms in the first place, SharePoint (or the Search Connector) will not be able to do so as well.
How can I make sure, that the glossary items, i.e. the content of the specific macros that contain those items, are searchable?
Hello Paul, I believe you already been through the plugin docs where it reads that items should be inserted through the plugin interface. Now would it be possible to give a example with actual words, so anyone that attends to this thread can reproduce?
thank you for your reply. I think I didn't make myself clear enough...
Let me try to explain the sitiuation again: I have a list of several (dummy) entries in my glossary. For letter 'a' I added random abbreviations, e.g. ABK, ABC, ACE, and so on. Every abbreviation or akronym has a description of its meaning also added using the glossary term macro (or the add term function in the glossary view). When I now use the basic Confluence Search, I cannot find any of these abbreviations/akronyms unless it is mentioned in the description.
What I want to know is, why I don't find the terms using the full-text search and how I can convince Confluence (or the Glossary Add-on) to show them in my search results.
Hi team, I’m Avinoam, a product manager on Confluence Cloud, and today I’m really excited to let the Community know that all customers can now try out the new editing experience and see some of the ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs