How do you use Label? Best Practices

Dominique February 24, 2021

Hi!

I am the admin of our confluence. We are fairly new to confluence (3 month) and I know it will be good to have a concept for labels. I understand that, in the long run, it will be helpful to have labels to all our pages. We will have a meeting to agree on basic things like notation or how to connect labels with two words etc. 
Question is: Have you guys tipps how to do it and to do more than that? Do you have systems? Are you using display sites, where you show content based on labels?

I am having trouble to explain the benefit of having organized labels right now.

Thanks in advance :) 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi Dominique,

Sharing my experience, I use certain macros to increase Label's usage effectiveness.

One such is "Content by Label macro", This is mainly to display lists of pages, attachments that matches particular label criteria, and group the related pages accordingly.

Below are few more macros for reference:

- Content report table macro: displays information about pages and blog posts with a  - specified label in a table.
- Labels list macro: lists all labels in a space alphabetically.
- Navigation map macro: renders the list of pages associated with a specified label as a navigation map.
- Popular labels macro: displays popular labels as a word cloud.
- Recently used labels macro: lists labels that have been used recently.
- Related labels macro: lists other labels associated with the label you're viewing.

Dominique February 24, 2021

Thank you for sharing :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events