Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you revert a space theme to the site theme?

Felicity Chapman October 17, 2012

If you choose a theme for a specific space and then change your mind - how can you revert the space to use the global site theme? I've looked at the documentation and can only find instructions on how to define a theme for a space - not how to undo this action.

Would be very grateful for any ideas.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

On the Space Admin>Themes page, there should be an option:

"Global Look and Feel"

Selecting that will remove all space-level changes, and the space will use the global theme.

Do you see that option for the space on your instance?

Felicity Chapman October 23, 2012

Thanks. I don't know how I didn't notice the Global Look and Feel option before. This is exactly what I was looking for.

1 vote
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

While viewing any content on the space:

1. Go to "Browse" > "Space Admin"
  2. Click on "Themes".

You will need Space Admin permissions for that space.

Felicity Chapman October 17, 2012

Thanks for the very speedy reply. I'm sorry that my question wasn't very clear.

I am aware of the Space Admin>Themes page. However, as far as I can tell, all you can do is change to a different theme. I want to remove all space-level theme definition so that any future changes to the Global site theme will take effect in this space too. I'm using the Documentation theme and don't want to have to remember to make changes to the header/footer etc. in every space.

Is simply clearing the header/footer boxes in the space enough? Or will that override the site definition for the header/footer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events