How do you move the sidebar from the top of the page to the right hand side?

Sandie White February 12, 2015

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

Sounds like a code change in the core of Confluence to me.

0 votes
Philipp Sendek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

Hey Sandie,

Apart from what Nic already suggested, I recall a similar issue which also only occured on one workstation; It was related to Internet Explorer's compatibility view, which was (unintentionally) enabled at that point.
Please check if you see the "torn sheet of paper" icon at the very right of your addressbar as stated in this picture:
help-menu-ie-compatibility-mode.png

If it's enabled, just disabled it and see if it's better.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Philipp

0 votes

Its only me that has the issue. my team mates are still seeing it at the side.

this is my view:

Mine.png

and this is my team mates:

Team mates.png.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2015

Interesting. That looks like broken css so there's a quick test - clear the browser cache and restart the browser - does that help? The other thing I notice is that the sidebar on/off switch is missing from your screen (to the right of "group centre"), that makes me suspect it is related to that - maybe your sidebar has been turned off, but the system has a problem where it's not hiding it correctly. So, the other test is to ask one of your colleagues to turn their sidebar off and see if they have the problem.

0 votes

really? I have no idea how it has happened! I just went in to it this morning and it was like it - but only for me, not other users........

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2015

I'm sorry, I hit enter far too fast on that one. It is also possible to do it with a Theme, but those apply at a space level (or globally). Can you check if you are looking at the same space as other users? Also, is there a chance of screenshots?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events