How do you link to attached images with the new editing experience?

John McIntyre December 9, 2019

I would have expected it to be easy to take an image that is an attachment on a Confluence page, and display it as an image on the page itself. This certainly used to be easy.

But now, when I try to insert an image, I only have a choice of uploading images, not using images that are already attached to the page. 

Is it just me? Am I overlooking something obvious? The only workaround I can see is adding a gallery macro and explicitly including the only image that I want to appear.

Many thanks,

John

2 answers

0 votes
Bert Neufert March 20, 2023

That's true.

The problem is:
how do you insert an image during page editing, which already exists as an attachment but not visible on the page? So you can't copy/paste here....

Steps to reproduce:
1. add a new page

2. in menu select attachments.

3. add all image files you want to use for this page

4. change back to the page and start to edit.

5. try to add the already attached images to your text :-(

Now you only can select a new file from your locale filesystem, not from the already existing attachements. 

Same problem: 
Delete all your images from a page in edit mode. The images will be still available as attachments but not referenced anymore as a images in the page text. Now your are not able to add them anymore to the text. One workaround: Download the image and upload again via "add image" during editing the text. :-(

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @John McIntyre 

While editing the page, you can click on the image, copy it, and paste it wherever else you want it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events