How do you hide specific ConfiForms Fields so only specific users can see it?

Loren September 8, 2022

How do you hide specific ConfiForms Fields so only specific users can see it?

I created a form using ConfiForms Macro. However I am trying to figure out how to hide some of the specific fields so only specific users can see a few of the fields. But, the rest of the fields are available to be viewed by everyone.  I I tried using the visible to only groups/users in field definition but that didn't work.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Loren 

You restrict visibility (and protect the values from viewing by others) by setting the "visible to only groups/users" parameter in ConfiForms Field Definition macro

Alex

Loren September 8, 2022

Ok. I put in the field name, field label, and in visible only to groups/users I put my email address. However when I do that its hiding the field from me too as well.

Is the email address connected to my account enough or there something else I should also be checking in the ConfiForms Field Def macro. Thanks.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Emails in Atlassian cloud don’t identify the user

The parameter expects an account id or multiple, or a user group 

Alex

Loren September 8, 2022

Ok thanks a lot again, Alex. That solved the issue. I just had to use my account ID instead of my email address, and now it's working.

Loren 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2022

That’s right. Less user friendly than usernames (which you can use on server/data center version if the plugin, but this is the specifics of a cloud platform 

Like Loren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events