How do you find out all pages authored by an indiv or not updated since a specific time?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

We want to implement some processes to help keep our wiki content current but need to be able to easily identify pages that specific individuals have authored or last updated, or locate pages that haven't been updated in the past year.

The search gives options of Who - but requires a search term to execute. The when is based on updated in the 'last'...whereas we are looking for items that haven't been updated in the 'last x'.

This is critical for us to maintaining the validity of content and we have too much content for individuals to go through all pages to locate what matches this criteria.

This needs to be something that anyone can access through the UI and not require db access because we want individuals to own content validity and currency, not rely on a system administrator to provide the information.

Any suggestions on how we can do this is very much appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Hi Karie,

Based on your requirements, I think you need a pretty well developed solution to do all this. I would recommend this add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving

It is a licensed add-on but that entitles you to support and continued development with new features and bug fixes.

Hope this helps!

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

I'd recommend CustomWare Reporting. I use something similar to that:

{report-table}
{content-reporter:spaces=NAME OF YOUR SPACE|scope=A PAGE IN YOUR STRUCTURE TREE > descendents|types=page}
{date-filter:page:modification date|beforeValue=-6m} 
{content-reporter}
{report-header}
{report-info:report:query > size} pages were not modified since 6 months.
{report-header}
{report-column:title=Page Title}
{report-info:content:title|link=true} 
{report-column}
{report-column:title=Content Creator}
{report-info:content:creator > user:name} 
{report-column}
{report-column:title=Creation Date}
{report-info:creation date|format=yyyy-MMM-dd} 
{report-column}
{report-column:title=Content Modifier}
{report-info:content:modifier > user:name} 
{report-column}
{report-column:title=Modification Date}
{report-info:modification date|format=yyyy-MMM-dd} 
{report-column}
{report-empty}
_No results!_ 
{report-empty}
{report-table}

This is a report-table that shows you all pages in the space NAME OF YOUR SPACE which are descending pages of the page A PAGE IN YOUR STRUCTURE TREE that have not been modified since 6 months. Further on the report tells you who has created the page and when and who has changed it the last time and when.

0 votes
Martin Moser April 23, 2013

I agree that the archiving Plugin is the best way to go about this. If you don't want to make the investment, you can use the Metadata Plugin (https://comalatech.jira.com/wiki/display/META/Confluence+Metadata+Plugin) to generate a simple overview of the pages that haven't been changed for the longest time in a given space, e.g. like this:

{metadata-report:Page,Last Time Changed,Last Changed By,Author|root=SPACEKEY:SPACE_HOMEPAGE|pages=@descendants|maxResults=100|sort=Last Time Changed asc}

Cheers,

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events