How do you connect confluence v5.6.1 to an external MySQL database?

Some Body September 24, 2014

I have a Confluence v5.6.1 installation that has an external MySQL database prepped for it, yet when I go through the setup for Confluence I never get to the page to configured the connection to the external database.  I have the MySQL JDBC driver JAR file in my <confluence_home>/WEB-INF/lib directory with the appropriate file ownership and permissions.  Does Confluence require a full license to be configured this way (i.e., with an external database)?

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

Confluence 5.6.3 is out now and has a fix for the bug I mention.

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

Ah, yes, there's a bug in 5.6.1 - if you give it an evaluation licence, it will skip selection and go with the HSQL internal database.

Your options are 

• Use a full licence, or a developer licence
  • Install 5.6.0 and upgrade it
  • Go with HSQL and swap over after installation
  • Wait for 5.6.2 where it is fixed
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

Hi there,

Just for your reference, here is the mentioned bug by Nic : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34288.
As mentioned, this bug has been fixed in the latest release of Confluence which was out today.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events