How do we transfer restriction permissions for a space?

Manojkumar Mahalingam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2024

I have restricted spaces / pages handled by me. IF I need to transfer the responsibility to someone else , how to do it? Is there a way I can shift the responsibility of space permissions to someone to take care of it?

2 answers

0 votes
Seon Shakespeare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2024

Hey @Manojkumar Mahalingam,

Welcome to the community!

Here's how to transfer responsibility for those restricted pages:

1. Go to each restricted page
  2. Click the three dots (•••) > "Restrictions" > "Edit Permissions"
  3. Add the new person or group and give them the same permissions as yourself (like "Can edit")

Note:

• If you're the space admin, you won't be able to remove yourself from the page restrictions. Space admins always have access to pages within their space.
  • If you're not the space admin, you can remove yourself from the page restrictions if you no longer need access.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2024

Hi @Manojkumar Mahalingam 

Welcome to the community.

You will need to add the user of group to the current set of restrictions you have set for yourself.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events