How do I use nested listing?

Kumar Sumant July 28, 2021

When trying to create a page,  I want to use nested listing. But all I can see is bullets and numbered list, which can not have breaks in between. How do I use listing in the confluence to address my documentation needs?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2021

Hello Kumar,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! Thanks for joining us.

I understand you want to nest lists in Confluence, but could you provide me an example of how that would look? I want to make sure I follow correctly.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Shannon

Kumar Sumant August 3, 2021

I intend to make a sinple nesting. Such as

1. abra
  2. ka

a. dabra

b. something

I believe you will understand my concern, I can't make that happen right now!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2021

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for your reply.

It's possible, but you have to insert the carriage return after you make a list. I'll share a video with you below. Note that you have to hold down the Shift key while hitting Return, or it just adds a new line. 

2021-08-03 12.39.50.gif

Can you give that a try?

Shannon

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Shannon S

is there any way to do a bulleted list with a numbered sub list inside it. Or, a numbered list with a bulleted list inside it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events