Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload a US (English) language pack?

Gregory Murray December 24, 2015

Hello,

I would like to install the US (English) language pack in our Confluence Cloud installation so that we can have our weeks starting on a Sunday (instead of the default of Monday).  I have found the place to download the most recent US (English) language pack here: https://translations.atlassian.com/dashboard/download#/Confluence/6.0.0-OD-2015.50.0-0611

I have also found instructions for installing it here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-a-language-pack-214860198.html

However, I can't seem to find a way to upload the JAR that contains the language pack.  When I turn on "Enable private listings" in the "Manage Add-ons" page, I do get an "Upload add-on..." link, but I can't specify a file:/// URL and I can't use the download link for the language pack above.

If anyone could provide any guidance on how to fix the calendar problem (which apparently should be solved by installing the language pack) or install the language pack itself I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Greg

2 answers

0 votes
Gregory Murray December 28, 2015

Thanks for the reply Nic - unfortunately, I only see "English (United Kingdom)" in the "Languages" section under "General configuration".  User defaults only offers what I've configured in the "Languages" section.  

I care less about the language and more about just having the week start on Sunday (so that it aligns with all the other calendars in our organization which I can't change to start on a different day).  But, I had read that installing the English (US) language pack would give me that level of configurability.  

I may try to talk to our contact at Atlassian to see if they can suggest anything.  I'd be surprised if we're the first organization to make this request...but I've been surprised before.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2015

You can't upload add-ons into Cloud.  But, from memory, Cloud already has US English available - check the general settings and user defaults.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events