How do I undo copying pages?

maggie March 26, 2021

I just copied a parent page and all it's child pages. I wish to undo this. How exactly do I delete those copied pages? There are a lot of them, so I don't want to do one by one. Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2021

There is a hack you can use to do this.

1. Create an empty Word document.
  2. Go to the new parent page, and in the ... Menu, select Import from Word.
  3. In the import wizard, select the option to replace all child pages.

Because the Word file is blank, it just deletes all child pages. It's strange, but it works. I have a Word doc on my desktop called "Deleter" for just this situation. 😁

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

If you try to delete the parent page, does it not give you the option of also deleting the child pages? Or is that yet another server feature left out of cloud?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Server has that option but cloud does not unfortunately.  

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Just seems like Cloud is not yet ready for prime time. So many missing features.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

@maggie Welcome to the community.

If you are going to delete everything there is not currently a great way to do that in Cloud.  You can archive multiple pages at once but even then you have delete individually.  The easiest work around I have seen is to create a new space, move the pages to the space, then delete the space.  It is a few steps but beats having to click delete a hundred times.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events