How do I set the default size of the edit box?

Simon Hardy-Francis August 21, 2011

I'm a new user. How do I set the default size of the edit box when editing confluence pages? Right now it's only taking up half of my screen real estate vertical resolution and it's annoying always having to drag it bigger. Thanks, Simon

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2011

Confluence version would be at the bottom of any Wiki page.

Basically, if you are using a version < 4.0, you are going to get a limited editor in Confluence. You can't change the size of that. 4.0 has significant improvements.

Simon Hardy-Francis August 22, 2011

Apparently the footer is missing in our confluence but I'm told it's version 3.5.1.

So I change the size of the edit box in the browser by dragging the bottem right hand corner. What I'm looking for is a way to change the size for all future page edits. Any ideas?

0 votes
bryn ber January 10, 2013

I got a tip that you can add the following CSS to your layout's custom css:

.atb-content #wysiwygTextarea_ifr {
    height: 600px !important;
}

and it works! :)
0 votes
bryn ber January 10, 2013

I got

0 votes
bryn ber March 15, 2012

We are currently using

# Adaptavist Theme Builder 4.3.0
# · Powered by Atlassian Confluence 4.1.4, the Enterprise Wiki

The editor box is very small for our theme (made on theme builder). If I change the theme to Documentation theme the editor box fills the whole page.

How do we get the edit box bigger when using theme builder?

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2011

This won't be an issue with the release of Confluence 4.0 later this year. The new editor maximises your screen real estate for eediting. For more details see:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/confluence/2011/08/confluence-4-wiki-beta-available.html

Thanks for the info, Matt. BTW talking about editors... is it possible to somehow configure confluence so that I can edit with my favorite programmers editor?

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2011

No, you cannot configure with another editor. There is a WebDAV interface that is used for MS Word utilization, but that is all going away with the next release.

Deleted user January 8, 2013

We've had a similar problem ever since we installed confluence. In all our upgrades (we're currently on 4.1.7 Enterprise and cannot upgrade further until some plugins are updated), our edit field covers only about 25% of our screen. Most of my team uses firefox 17+, but the same problem has been seen in other browsers.

We've tried using different themes including a custom theme made on theme builder and the Documentation theme. Currently, we're trying the standard theme. In all cases, we have a limited edit space.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2011
What browser are you using? Which version of Confluence? Is it the same in all browsers?

Thanks for the reply. Browser is Firefox 4.0. As a user, how can I find the confluence version? It's the same in all browsers. I just want a way for the edit box to default to using more vertical resolution. Thanks, Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events