cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save my page modifications?

Mircea Lutic April 5, 2021

I just edited a page.

How do I save it?

"Publish" says there already is a file with this name.

I don't want to create a new name/file.

I just want to overwrite the existing page with the modifications I made.

How do I do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Mircea Lutic,

Publish is the right and only way to save your page. If you get a message saying there already is a page with the same name, that is most likely because there is. Page names must be unique within the same space in Confluence.

What you could do (to make absolutely sure you don't lose your changes) is to change the name of the page you are currently editing, hit the publish button to save your page and then check if you can find the other page that has the same page name.

It should be no problem to afterwards edit your page again and update its page title. 

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Mircea Lutic 

when you say you edited a page, do you mean you edited a page or a file on a page?

Secondly when editing the page, did you upload a file and if yes can you confirm that no other file with the same name exist?

If there is then you would need to either:

1. Rename your file
  2. Delete the existing file and upload your file.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events