How do I run a .rdp file from a Confluence page?

Mateusz Ciosek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2021

First of all hi everyone. This is my very first post here :)

So I was wondering if it was possible to attach a .rdp (remote desktop) file to a Confluence page and make it open that RDP connection on click, instead of just downloading that file.

It would also work for me if I could, instead of the attached file, link to a .rdp file in a shared location.

Thanks in advance,
Mateusz Ciosek

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

If you set your browser to automatically download and open the file type, and your computer to know exactly what to open the file with, you can do this.

Mateusz Ciosek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2021

Hmm, thanks, but it sounds a little bit troublesome. And is there a way to run a script directly from a Confluence page that will find and open that .rdp file on User's PC?

Kind regards,
Mateusz Ciosek

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

There isn't a way to do that other than getting the browser to support it - a server should never be able to run something on a client machine unless the client machine has been deliberately configured to support it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events