How do I refer to a Confluence user's profile picture on a wiki page?

David Koontz December 23, 2014

I'd like to include all the team member's picture on a team wiki page in Confluence.  How do I refer to their user profile picture within the wiki?

4 answers

4 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2014

I see that you tagged your question with "confluence-cloud", not sure if you could use the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/User+Profile+Macro ?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2014

Glad, you have solved the issue! "confluence-cloud" refers to Confluence installation which is hosted by Atlassian's. It has certain restrictions on customizations you can do and plugins you can use/install (and on the solutions people could provide) When you host your Confluence server then customization options are practically limitless.

0 votes
David Koontz December 24, 2014

Thanks Sash, I'm not sure how to use what you are suggesting - but it's put me onto a solution that works for me. First I've no idea what tagging "confluence-cloud" means to this board... I assume that it means the site is hosted off site of my corp. Reading the page on the User Profile Macro... I tried... in the Wiki - click on + icon (insert more content) select item "Other macros..." in pop up search box type "profile" then select the Profile Picture macro - in that macro type or try to guess a username. And one gets the user's avatar (photo they choose) - which is just what I wanted! Thanks

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2014

Hi David,

You can add the person's picture, and then create a link in his picture to point to the profile.

Cheers,
WZ

David Koontz December 24, 2014

Ah... what??? Not sure we understand the question the same. I assume the person has a photo in their profile. I don't want to upload a picture of them, I don't possess one. I want to reuse the photo that the site already has of the person. How do I refer to a users profile picture? I assume it some sort of Confluence macro magic...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events