How do I prevent numbered lists from restarting from 1 if I add a more complex component?

Nick Minchin May 2, 2023

I have a numbered list and I've added a code block into item 3 using ```. When I go to continue the numbered list, it restarts from 1. How can I continue the list?

2 answers

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Have you tried creating a placeholder as item 4 before adding the code block to item 3? Once you've created the placeholder, you can go back to item 3 and add the code block. This way, you should be able to continue the list.

Nick Minchin May 2, 2023

Hey, they works :) what about other things like an Info Panel? If I use the same method, the Info Panel just gets moved to the bottom

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Unfortunately, certain macros, such as the info panel, don't work with numbered lists. Members of the community have previously raised this issue. Fortunately, there is an ongoing feature request on the Atlassian public issue tracker regarding this particular matter. You may vote on it and add yourself as a watcher to stay informed of any updates and receive notifications from now on.

Have a look at the comments on the feature request; folks share their solution and workarounds that may fit for you. For example, using a table with numbering columns. Not great, but it could work for you.

0 votes
Nick Minchin May 2, 2023

delete

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events