How do I migrate or access the information previously entered into a trial version of confluence?

Elizabeth Morrow
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2018

I entered in a substantial amount of content into an evaluation license which has now expired. I am having difficulty accessing setup I established under the evaluation license. Must I redo all the entries previously made into confluence or can I access it all through my new license purchase?

1 answer

0 votes
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

Hello @Elizabeth Morrow,

Here's a few way that you could proceed :

• Simply apply the license to your old server and upgrade that instance. However, I can understand it is not possible if you are not using the same machine.
  • You could backup your evaluation instance and restore it on your new instance. Please note that to do this, it would be expected that both Confluence instance are on the same version. This would suggest that you would install Confluence for your new instance with the same version than your evaluation version. Then, you would do your backup and only then you would upgrade Confluence to the version of your choice.
  • Lastly, you could migrate Confluence between servers, however I would think it is more risky than using the native Backup Import/Export feature.

I hope this will help you with your situation!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events